All Politics Are Related- On Oppression, Colonization and Marginalization

Something that always strikes me is the similarity between the constant flow of new videos of horrendous police brutality towards Black people in the US and the videos of violence of Turkish soldiers towards Kurdish civilians. The same system, the same ideology that leads to the murder and brutality towards Black people by state institutions and arms is the same system and ideology that kills Kurds in bakur of Kurdistan (Turkey), the same brutality that is the cause of the current genocide against the Rohingya, the same violence responsible for the genocide which occured and continues against the Tamil people, the same brutality shown towards Indigenous and Aboriginal peoples across the world, the same ideology responsible for gender based violence responsible for the murder of hundreds of thousands of women. The same violent system and ideology which was trying to destroy the northern Dakota Pipeline Protestors also burns the trees and mountains and forests of Kurdistan across Rojhelat to Bakur, to Basur (during the Sadaam era thousands of acres of forest were burned to stop the Peshmarga and the resistance movement there for instance). The same ideology is at play in Syria, in Iraq, Somalia, Nigeria and other ongoing protracted conflicts.

The same greed, the same violent approaches, the same ideologies of oppression, ideologies of colonisation and capitalism, ideologies of segregation, ideologies of exclusionary statism are responsible for these violences against marginalized people. For this reason, Liberation Movements can not afford isolationist approaches. To end their oppressions they need to challenge and destroy the systematic and ideological foundations of their mutual oppressions, realizing at the foundation of their liberation psychology and approach the interconnected nature of oppressions. No liberation movement is ever free so long as other liberation movements are being massacred and eliminated. More importantly, the greatest resource available to us is other fellow oppressed groups who are organised and resisting. Building bridges, seeing the interconnected nature of our oppressions even if the chains that bind us are different, standing in informed solidarity together is essential to collective liberation. And this is the thing: collective liberation. None of us are ever truly free so long as our fellow oppressed continue to face oppression, murder, violence, incarceration and complete annihilation. Its liberation for all, or its liberation for none.

Dr. Hawzhin Azeez

13 thoughts on “All Politics Are Related- On Oppression, Colonization and Marginalization

• October 27, 2018 at 1:43 pm

You may always draw resources and present the facts in unique
    words. My mentor once told me that, “life is your whole life of learning” and Certainly.
    I would recommend getting a good job, to finance your business. https://918kiss.bid/games/sky-777

• October 27, 2018 at 1:44 pm

You may always draw resources and present the facts in unique words.

• October 29, 2018 at 7:41 am

I could not resist commenting. Exceptionally
    well written! You’ve made some really good points there.
    I looked on the internet for more information about the issue and found most individuals will go along
    with your views on this site. I have been browsing online more than 3 hours today, yet I
    never found any interesting article like yours. It’s
    pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all
    site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be much more
    useful than ever before. http://www.cspan.net

• October 30, 2018 at 6:55 pm

Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular article!
    It is the little changes that will make the biggest changes.
    Thanks for sharing! This is a topic which is near to my heart… Thank
    you! Where are your contact details though? I’ve been surfing online more than 4 hours today, yet I never found
    any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me.

Personally, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be a lot more useful than ever before.

• November 11, 2018 at 10:23 am

Generally I do not learn post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very
    compelled me to check out and do it! Your writing style has
    been surprised me. Thank you, quite great article.

• November 12, 2018 at 4:04 pm

Ich wiirklich beeindruckt von Ihrer Schreibfähigkeiten und mit
    dem Layout aauf dem Blog. Ist das eine bezahlte Thema
    odeer haben Siee ändern iit yourself? So odeer so
    Wie auch immer weiter soo schön ausgezeichnete Qualität Schreiben, ees selten, ein schönes siehe Blog wie diese heute.

• November 14, 2018 at 1:00 am

Do you mind іf I quote a few of уour posts as long as
    I provide credit and sources Ƅack tо үouг webpage?
    My blog іs in the vеry same ɑrea of interest
    ɑs yours and my visitors would dеfinitely
    benefit fгom some of the infօrmation yⲟu provide herе.
    Pleаѕe let mе ҝnow if thiѕ okay witһ you.
    Apprecіate it!

• March 29, 2019 at 1:31 pm

Admiring the time and energy you put into your website and in depth information you offer.
    It’s nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same out of date rehashed material.
    Wonderful read! I’ve saved your site and I’m including your RSS feeds to my Google account.